|By Tom Sloper
December 5, 2010
American Mah Jongg (2010 NMJL card). I just discovered that there was a link snafu to last week's column, making the column page display the previous week's column. Wish somebody would have told me! Continuing defense by the numbers.
1. Consec. #3. The hot tiles are twos and dragons in the other two suits.
2. Call her dead.
3. Call her dead.
4. Consec. #3. Hot tiles are R and 1B.
5. Consec. #2. Hot tiles are 4 and 5 in the other two suits.
6. Consec. #4. Hot tiles are R and F.
7. Consec. #5. Hot tiles are 1C 4C F. Look for dead flowers.
8. Call her dead.
9. Quints #1. 4C is hot.
10. Like Nos. #2. Hot tiles are 3C R Soap.
11. Like Nos. #1. Hot tiles are 3B F.
12. Call her dead.
13. Call her dead.
14. Consec. #s 2 or 3. Hot tiles are 2D 5D 5C R.
15. Consec. #4. Hot tiles are R F.
16. Consec. #5. Hot tiles are 2C 5C F. Flowers dead?
17. Call her dead.
18. Quints #1. 2C is hot.
Thanx to sharp-eyed readers Priscilla Yocom and Linda Kane!
Click the entries in the header frame, above, to read other columns.
Question or comment about this column? I often miss something; maybe you'll be the first one to spot it! Please be gentle. Email and the discussion will be posted on the Mah-Jongg Q&A Bulletin Board.
October 2010 article on American mah jongg's rise in popularity, from the WALL STREET JOURNAL:
There's a movie of the WSJ story too -- just click the Video tab on the above page, or go to http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703631704575552683266650568.html ?mod=WSJ_hpp_RIGHTTopCarousel_2#articleTabs%3Dvideo.
Where to order the yearly NMJL card: Read FAQ 7i.
Need rules for American mah-jongg? Tom Sloper's book, The Red Dragon & The West Wind, is the most comprehensive book in existence about the American game. AND see FAQ 19 for fine points of the American rules (and commonly misunderstood rules). AND get the official rulebook from the NMJL (see FAQ 3). Linda Fisher's website is the only website that describes American rules: http://sites.google.com/site/mahjrules/.
© 2010 Tom Sloper. All rights reserved.