|By Tom Sloper
June 6, 2010
American Mah Jongg (2010 NMJL card). Continuing defense by the numbers. We've now considered every possible two-exposure combo using a pung of ones. Now let's look at kongs of ones.
1. Like Nos. #2. Hot: 1D, G, soap.
2, 3. No such hand. Call her dead.
4. Like Nos. #1. 1D and F are hot.
5, 6. No such hand. Call her dead.
7. Consec. #3. R and 3D are hot.
8. No such hand. Call her dead.
9. Consec. #5. F and 3B are hot.
10. Consec. #4. F and R are hot.
11, 12, 13, 14. No such hand. Call her dead.
15. Consec. #3. Twos and dragons in bams and craks are hot.
16. Consec. #5. 2D and F are hot.
17-24. No such hand as any of these. Call her dead.
Click the entries in the header frame, above, to read other columns.
Question or comment about this column? Email and the discussion will be posted on the Mah-Jongg Q&A Bulletin Board.
Where to order the yearly NMJL card: Read FAQ 7i.
Need rules for American mah-jongg? Tom Sloper's book, The Red Dragon & The West Wind, is the most comprehensive book in existence about the American game. AND see FAQ 19 for fine points of the American rules (and commonly misunderstood rules). AND get the official rulebook from the NMJL (see FAQ 3). Linda Fisher's website is the only website that describes American rules: http://sites.google.com/site/mahjrules/.
© 2010 Tom Sloper. All rights reserved.